You ask, we deliver! ATIXA is pleased to announce that registration is now open for a new webinar: Virtual Hearing Best Practices – Tips from Practitioners Webinar. Join three Title IX Coordinators Elizabeth Trayner, Ed. D., Melissa Nichols and Emily C. Babb who are long-time ATIXA members as they present a webinar on the best practices they have learned from conducting dozens of online virtual Title IX hearings. Hosted by Michael Henry, J.D., TNG Partner. This webinar is complimentary for Super & Premium Members and has also been added as bonus content to the R3 Hearing Officer Package.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Super & Premium Members log in to your R3 Inclusion Page to register and receive the Zoom Link – HERE.
- Hearing Officer Package purchasers, log in to your Digital Library HERE where you will find a file with the link to register for the Zoom link.
- All others, register HERE for the live event. Group rates available for five or more attendees. Contact events@ATIXA.org.
- Can’t attend live? Purchase the recording of the webinar HERE. Please note, the recording will be available by October 31st, 2020 in your Digital Library for purchasers and the Hearing Officer Package and on the R3 Membership Inclusion Page for Super and Premium Members.
- Various technology platform advantages and disadvantages
- How to work with parties who do not have a private space to testify remotely
- How to assist parties who do not have access to a device needed for testimony
- Interpretation and disability accommodations in online hearings
- Being trauma-informed in a virtual world
- How to arrange for advisor participation virtually
- How to address one party being present in person, and one party being remote
- Managing multi-party hearings
- How many virtual “rooms” do you need?
- How to minimize party interaction through the platform
- Recording best practices
- Arranging for materials dissemination prior to and during the hearing
- And more…
Who should attend?
- Title IX Staff
- Deputy Coordinators
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Hearing Facilitators
- Hearing Chairs
- Appeals Officers
- K-12 principals