Climate Surveys, VAWA Compliance and Strategic Prevention
Training & Certification
What makes earning certification with ATIXA unique?
There are a lot of courses out there, and many will teach you compliance. We do more than that, preparing you for the compliance challenges of tomorrow, not just today. We speak OCR fluently. Our certifications are regularly updated to stay fresh, and are developed and presented by the foremost leaders of the field. Our constant refinement of the courses enables us to carefully define and hone best practices to ensure that our attendees fully understand how to get Title IX right.
Our certifications are taught by faculty who are nationally-recognized experts and field-leading practitioners who guide participants though an unparalleled professional development experience across fourteen different courses. Using case studies, Q&A and illustrative stories, ATIXA trainings are never dull.
Because of our deep involvement in litigation and OCR complaints, ATIXA trainings are designed to empower risk management for your school or college. Through our unmatched understanding of the legal landscape, our team is best positioned to help attendees provide a fair, impartial and equitable resolution of discrimination allegations that will reduce the risk of an OCR complaint or lawsuit by either party. Our goal is to help you ensure their rights, maximize your compliance, and respect the equal dignity of all participants in your process.
This course is designed to provide Title IX Coordinators, Administrators and Prevention Specialists the necessary skills and theory needed to comply with and implement the training and prevention-based requirements of Title IX and VAWA 2013 Section 304. This course highlights research-infused strategies and programs, providing participants with detailed implementation materials, opportunities to ask questions, and identify programming for immediate application on your campus. Special focus will be on how to develop an effective climate survey to better understand and plan for your culture’s needs.
Participants at the two-day training will acquire:
- A solid understanding of the VAWA requirements for programming and educational efforts on their campus—whether public or private, community college or traditional four-year school
- Theoretical underpinnings of student development theory and public health, to ground your programming
- An in-depth review of climate surveys and their importance on campus to assess, inform and direct prevention and educational programming
- Approaches to successfully evaluate programming and how to apply these directly to prevention and education efforts
- Hot topics such as minors on campus, the roles of peer educators and peer advocates, and confidentiality
- Skills in marketing, presenting sensitive material, building stakeholder buy-in, developing funding resources, community town/gown collaboration
Click here for a Sample Course Agenda.
This course is designed for those working directly with Title IX Investigations and Sexual Misconduct Grievances. Specifically those working in this capacity in the following fields:
- Prevention Educators
- Community Center personnel
- Community-specific Resource Center personnel
- Residence Life Professionals
- Campus Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Coordinators
- Training and Prevention personnel
- Student Affairs administrators
- AA/EEO/Diversity personnel
None currently scheduled.
This course offers a unique and specialized type of training from ATIXA, focusing solely on how to implement and maximize the strategic prevention practices of a campus.
To obtain a Strategic Prevention Certification, you will need to attend the whole event. What does this certificate mean? It means that you have tapped into the unparalleled expertise of ATIXA and the other carefully selected experts in the field.
Once the course is completed, you will receive your certification from ATIXA. Certificates for this training event will be provided to you electronically via our Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. A member of our team will be in contact with you via email with instructions on accepting your certification credits in the 7-10 business days following the completion of this course. Learn more about our new program here.
Now you can stay up-to-date! We are excited to announce our online professional development platform called the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program. Our CCC program allows clients of The NCHERM Group, including those certified by ATIXA, to track, maintain and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; The NCHERM Group cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.
Currently Under Development