AN ATIXA SPECIAL EVENT WEBINAR:
MAINTAINING TITLE IX PROGRAM INTEGRITY IN A PANDEMIC
Click here to learn more!
Join Title IX and online program experts for a webinar on maintaining your Title IX program remotely. All of ATIXA’s members are facing scale-backs or shutdowns as a result of the novel coronavirus COVID-19. We may need to find ways to address key program elements remotely, including remedies, investigations, hearings, and appeals. ATIXA has worked to pull together a set of key advisory tips to help you keep your program functioning as we weather this pandemic. This 75-minute on-demand webinar will feature presenters W. Scott Lewis, J.D., Saundra K. Schuster, J.D., Brett A. Sokolow, J.D., and Poppy Fitch. Topics include:
- Will OCR permit delays during a pandemic?
- What will program shut-downs mean for recipients?
- If your program is scaled-back, how can you temporarily conduct your program remotely?
- Triaging the case load
- Assuring you have updated contact information from the parties
- Shifting to providing case materials by secure tech
- Conduct interviews by phone or video call?
- Assessing credibility remotely
- Explaining delays
- Minimizing delays
- Allow parties to accept alternate resolution formats and policy changes
- Giving parties notice of delays
- Tracking down witnesses remotely
- Changing policy on the fly – what can you do, and how should you do it?
- Enhancing communication under less than ideal circumstances
- Managing notice that comes in during a shutdown or scale-back